Friday, January 30, 2009

Boots

In the fall, I went to a kid's used clothing sale. I have gone quite a few times because I always get really good buys on cloths and other kid stuff. This last time I went I bought both boys a pair of snow boots. This is the best place to buy less used items like snow boots because they can be so expensive, and they don't wear them for very long. Brannon's boots were about $3 and are awesome! I got a really good deal on them. Alex's boots, at the time, were ok. They were only $1 or $2, and they looked fine for the occasional snow outing. I have let the boys wear their boots some when there was even the slightest amount of snow or ice. Unfortunately, Alex's boots almost immediately lost the top layer of plastic, and eventually tore off the tops of both boots. On Tuesday evening when they got home from school, they couldn't wait to play in the few inches of snow that we had at the time, so I bundled them up and we went outside for some snowy fun. Poor Alex, his boots would not stay on his feet, and they kept getting filled with snow. The next day, Wednesday, after we had our whopping 12 inches of snow, we all went out to play in the snow again, but this time we decided to duck tape Alex's shoe's to his feet. After having to do this a couple more times, I thought it was time to bite the bullet and actually buy him some more boots. Here are the pictures of the new and old boots.

The new and the old boots.

Shawn duck taping Alex's boots to his feet.

Our snow bunny with his dino face mask hat and duck taped boots. What a cool looking kid!

Daddy and Alex getting ready to go outside and play in the snow.

When I picked Alex up from school, I had his new boots in his seat. He was very excited, and we put them on right there in the parking lot. :)

This is what I see in the rear view mirror, on the way to pick up Brannon from school. What a sweet boy!

Proud boy and his new Boots!

No comments: