Sunday, August 3, 2008

Change is good? :\

I do not like a lot of change. I like for my world and my surroundings to pretty much stay the same. I'm fine with moving around the furniture in rooms, but a lot at once can become overwhelming, especially if their is any emotional attachment to the change. Well, the past 2 weeks have been a...growing...experience for me. :\

The boys got bunk beds!
This was a VERY exciting event in the Crull household this week! We/I wasn't planning on having then share a room, because there was no reason to since they both have their own cribs that converted into full size beds. But Shawn really wanted then to share a room (a guy/brother thing) and a set of bunk beds became available, and vwala...bunk bed boys (thank you mom and dad!)! I am perfectly fine with all of this now, but 2 weeks ago when this idea all started to come together, I was VERY upset. I was upset because I would be loosing my last bit of "baby" in Alex. Alex was still sleeping in his crib toddler bed in his train room, and now I was going to be putting him in another room in a big boy bed. I wasn't ready to do that. But now, as I watch Alex with so much excitement and pride running into his new room that he shares with his big brother, I can't help but smile out of happiness for him! ;) It was so cute, their second night sleeping in the bunkbeds, I went in to check on them and they were both sleeping on the bottom bunk. A couple of hours later I checked them again, and Brannon was back up top again.



I am trying to change Brannon's sports room into the boy's dinosaur room (big surprise huh!) without having to change or buy too much. I bid on and won an ebay auction for a Pottery Barn dinosaur duvet cover, and I hope to win the auction on a second identical one tomorrow (this is very stressful!). I think that it will tie the two blues and hunter green in nicely. For now, here are some pictures of their new room. It is a hodge podge of things until we get everything together. We let the boys pick out new sheets for their beds. Brannon picked out Batman sheets and Alex picked out Wall-e sheets. The cool thing is, that both sets of sheets have the same colors in them.

This is the plastic drawers I bought the boys for their underwear and socks. I let them put stickers on their drawer so they know whose is whose. Alex is so proud of his Kung Fu Panda drawer, that we find him just sitting in front of it all the time looking at all the stickers. Needless to say, it takes him a long time to choose underwear in the morning! :)

We made Alex's room into a guest room. We took down his bed and stored it, and put Brannon's full size bed in there. I think it good. Shawn says that he wants to take down the trains and make a "man cave" out of my baby's room. I told him it is staying a train room for a long time! He can have the loft when the boys are older and their toys aren't everywhere.


We inherited a queen size sleeper sofa. My mom and dad are getting new leather couches this week, so got their old sofa. I am very excited about this! This means that when people come and visit, we have multiple areas for them to sleep! So, here are some pictres of this new change in our upstairs. Thank you Dave for helping us move things!!!

So, what's next...The rest of this month is going to be CRAZY!!!!! Shawn starts school on Thurs. (8/7), I start on Mon. (8/11), Brannon starts full day preschool on Mon. (8/11 - he is SO excited about this!!!), I will be totally changing the way I teach and do things in the classroom this year because of the kids that I will be having, I need to set up and get everything ready for school to start, Alex's birthday party is coming up, Shawn turns 40 (8/15), I need to plan Shawn's party, ... I am stressed just thinking about it all (no wonder I haven't been able to sleep the last couple of nights...it's 1:12 AM right now)!!! August is definiately the craziest time of the year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got the cover! What time do you find out about the other one?

THe couch looks good up there. :)

Angie Yeats said...

The boys are getting so big! I am loving your blog...I feel like I at least get to see you guys from time to time now... Ha! Stupid 16 hours away!!! :oP
I understand loosing the baby-ness out of the kiddo's...it's hard... but everything is getting much easier! Ha! I do have to agree with Shawn on this one though...my kids are so much closer now that they share rooms...its' a good thing! :o)

Love you girly! Miss ya bunches! Ang