Sunday, August 24, 2008

Friday Night Football...Lucas Oil Style

This Friday (8-22) we went as a family downtown to the new Lucas Oil Stadium and watched the Fishers vs. Noblesville football game, and a little bit of the New Palestine vs. Whiteland game. The boys had a blast! I was pleasantly surprised at how well they did. I did bring a bag of things to keep them occupied, and they did get up and go potty a lot (Shawn took them most of the time and subsequently missed all but one of the big plays that Fishers made...sorry honey!). For the boys, the highlight of the game was seeing the Fishers' tiger mascot. Alex was constantly asking, "Whaiws the tigu?". He would come up with all kinds of answers for his own question like, "Oh...he mus be seeping" or "He's hiding". It was like "Where's Waldo?" all night.

Here are some pictures of our fun night out with the boys. :)





Yes, Peyton Manning was there too. :) He was a whole lot skinnier than I had pictured him being. Shawn kept saying, "Kick him in the knee!" (but not too loud and often...thank goodness!). He would also occasionally say, "Go Bears!"



This is one of the many Lucas Oil vehicles that are around the stadium. The boys got to get up in the tractor that these wheels are attached to. I thought it would make a cute picture with the boys inside the huge wheels. :) As Alex found out, the insides of the wheels were very shiny and reflective. :)





Notice how high we are. Brannon and I came up here earlier. On the way up the escalators to get there, I realized that the clear sides of the escalator were the only thing keeping us from falling down to the bottom of the stadium. Not too big of a deal, except I realized it half way up while Brannon was sitting on my shoulders!!!! I was SO glad it was Brannon and not squirmy Alex on my shoulders! So next time you go to the stadium, look up at the long escalator that goes to the top, and remember me and my story. Don't be like me! ;\



I know that this is disgusting, but when we got home and were getting the boys ready for bed, I looked at Brannon's feet and saw this. GROSS!!! I guess with all the walking and sandal wearing, he collected a pretty impressive amount of what we like to call, toe jam. :P


This is what my tired baby looked like before we turned off the lights at 11:00 that night!!!! It took them about 5 minutes to fall asleep. This is pretty impressive, because they have been taking almost 2 hours to fall asleep the last couple of weeks. :(

2 comments:

Angie Yeats said...

Ok Shawn! How long have you lived in Indy now? Lets get a little more excited about the COLTS!!! :o)

Loved the pics R! :o)

Anonymous said...

Great pics ('cept the toe jam ones!) the ones in the tires are precious!

11 oclock?! Wow, it's a good thing we didn't go. The boys have never been up that late! We'd-a been sorry.