Saturday, September 6, 2008

Shawn's Birthday Surprise

I am SO behind on so many events in the lives of the Crull family. I haven't posted Alex's birthday party or Shawn's 40th birthday party or the boys first day of school! Hopefully this week I could get caught up.

The day of Alex's birthday party, Aug. 16th, I took Shawn out for a surprise date. :) The week before, I was able to get tickets to the public open house and tour of Lucus Oil Stadium. With those tickets, I planned a whole evening of fun for Shawn and I for his fortieth birthday. Shawn drove, and I told him to head downtown and park in the Circle Center parking garage. While we were driving around, Shawn saw a ton of Colt's clad people and said, "Do the colts play today or something?". I just said, "I don't know what's going on". ;) Then when we were in the parking garage he could see the stadium and said, "oh...I just remembered something...and I hope that it is what we are doing." For those of you who know Shawn, you know that he is a HUGE sports fan. And you probably also know that he is a huge Bears fan too. So I wasn't sure if he would think the open house of the Colt's new stadium was as cool as I did. To my delight, he was very excited and impressed! :) We walked in and were VERY impressed with the stadium. We got to walk around and saw the locker room, suites and even got to walk on the field. After we finished, we started walking towards Circle Center mall. When we got to Weber Grill I said, "Here we are." I had gotten reservations at the Weber Grill. We hadn't ever been there before, so I thought that it would be a good place try. To be honest, we thought that it was OK. We are Outback and Texas Roadhouse people. They did have delicious onion straw things! After dinner I had planned on taking him to see the movie Tropic Thunder, but since we got finished with everything a ton earlier than I had planned, we had to change our plans because of movie times. We went to the Circle Center mall theater and Shawn decided that he wanted to see The Dark Knight, so that is what we saw. The whole evening was a lot of fun, and Shawn really enjoyed himself. :)

Here are some pictures of us at Lucas Oil. We made sure to take a lot of pictures of us together because we don't usually get pictures of us together! :)











The boys really like monster trucks, so we took these pictures for them. :)

No comments: