Friday, April 18, 2008

The Earthquake

Well, did you feel the earthquake? We did! Alex had just come in bed with us when we heard something that sounded like Brannon running down the hall and jiggling our door. Then the TV in our room started popping and shaking (not that we saw it, we just heard it) and the metal part of our chimney started to rattle loudly. It all sounded like a fierce gust of wind (we get those a lot in our neighborhood). Just as fast as it started, it stopped...weird! Alex started to cry and say, "I don't like the boom, it scary!" Brannon on the other hand, didn't even wake up. I told him what had happened, and he kinda understood, but then I remembered how in The Land Before Time movies...this is weird, I just felt another small earthquake...my computer scene just shook and I could hear the ceiling tiles in my classroom popping. WEIRD! Well, like I was saying, I told Brannon that in the movies they talk about "earth shakes" and that is what we had this morning. He quickly decided that he must be very brave because he hadn't woke up during the earthquake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the only one in our house who felt it. The whole house shook. How did they NOT feel it?! ;)