Saturday, April 12, 2008

The First of Many

Well...here I am! I am doing my first blog! I hope that I will be able to keep up with everything going on around here.

Brannon had his first t-ball practice. It was between 30 and 40 degrees with wind gusts to about 20+ mph and sleet drizzled on and off. Needless to say we froze! There was also a lot of red mud all over the place. Brannon had a great time learning how to throw and field the ball, hit and run the bases. He had a little trouble remembering which way to run when he ran the bases. ☺ It was really cool because Shawn got to help out with Brannon and the rest of the boys. There are about 8 three and four year olds on his team. And guess what their team name is….the SOX! I am attaching some pictures I took of Brannon and Alex during the practice. Alex’s poor hands were about as red as his pants by the time we left. In a couple of pictures Brannon is falling. I think he was so excited he just couldn’t control his feet! ☺ I like the picture of Brannon through the fence holding up his muddy feet.

Enjoy!

Here are the boys waiting to get out of the car. Believe it or not, we were 15 min. early!

Here is Brannon sitting in the dugout. He is sitting next to a boy named Jude. Jude is in his preschool class. They were both SO excited they are playing on the same team!

It was SO muddy out there. Brannon is showing me his muddy shoe.

I really don't know what Brannon is doing, but I thought this picture was cool because he is in midair!

Here is Brannon "listening" to his coach.

The little boy in front of Brannon is the coaches son, Colton. When we got out of the car, Brannon went right up to him and said, "Hi! My name is Brannon. I like dinosaurs and superheros!" And Colton responded with, "SO DO I!!!!".

Here's Daddy teaching Brannon how to catch a ground ball. The couch asked if anyone would be willing to help out at practices, and Shawn said that he would. He later said that it really brought back memories of him and his dad playing ball together. :)

Here's my little Alexcicle. Alex and I spend the whole practice running around trying not to get knocked down by the wind. He had fun climbing up and down the bleachers and trying to stomp in all the mud he could find. Doesn't he look so sweet and innocent!



Here is Alex walking around with Brannon's hat on his head. Notice how red his hands are! Poor baby!

Here is Brannon practicing patience while he waits for someone to hit. When others would hit, he usually just ran around and then slid or fell on the ground. What a boy! :)

Here is Brannon batting. He was the last kid to get a chance to bat.

When the practice was over Brannon's coach asked the boys if they wanted to run the bases. In all the excitement, Brannon tripped and fell. The picture looks worse than it really was. I guess, at times, he gets his gracefulness from his mother and grandmother. :)

When we were leaving practice, Brannon started balling his eyes out. It wasn't because he wanted to keep playing ball...he kept crying, "I want to play GOLF!!!" Golf??? We have no idea where that came from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too fun! Too bad it was freezing! Next week will hopefully be better.

Unknown said...

How fun - I can't wait to get Dylan involved in T-ball or soccer. It's been crazy but I hope after this mess is all over in May then things will settle down. Love you and miss you guys!!