Thursday, June 26, 2008

What we've been doing

Well, the last 2 weeks have been pretty crazy! Here is a list of the things that we have been doing, and some pictures to go along with some of them. :)
  • Brannon and I started working more on his letters and writing his name.
  • My mom and I priced and organized everything for the garage sale.
  • Brannon "washed" the van while we were setting up. I am still trying to get the streaks off the windshield so that I can see clearly through it! :\
  • I had a garage sale where I sold a lot of baby and toddler cloths, toys, and "stuff"!
  • Brannon has been going nap free almost everyday, so he has been getting to sleep a lot better at night. This makes for a VERY LONG afternoon and evening!
  • Shawn got his haircut into a "fow" (sp?) mohawk for YoungLife camp.
  • Shawn left early Sunday morning for YoungLife camp in Michigan, and won't be home until late Saturday night. The boys ask everyday about when he will be back.
  • I went to a conference at Purdue Monday and Tuesday on teaching gifted kids. It was good. I stayed there Monday night, so mom and dad watched the boys for me. :)
  • On Tuesday before I came back from Purdue, I ate at Dog N' Suds...yummy! You know...the place "where everything's so doggone good!" While I was there, I noticed that you can buy a 4 or 8 pound bag of their yummy coney sauce. I got a 4 lb bag, not knowing that it came in a frozen block!
  • AND...the most important and monumental thing that happened this last week, is that Alex is POTTY TRAINED!!!! I can't believe how easy it has been. We started putting him in underwear last Thursday, and now he is pretty much potty trained (no accidents in 3 days)! The first two days were horrible! He kept on peeing all over the place! But now, he is going on his own to pee AND poop! HALLELUJAH!!! We told him that when he peed in his underwear, he had to apologize to Nemo or Spiderman or Hulk (whoever was on his underwear). It was so funny having him hold up his underwear and tell the characters he was sorry. Now, everytime he goes potty in the potty, he says, "Hulk (or Spiderman or Nemo) is SO proud of me!" And I tell him that I am even more proud of him! :)

No comments: